Sunday, November 2, 2008

Obamalove '08

Sorry I've failed at posting for the last week and a half, folks. Things have been busy, life happens, you know how it goes. And you can't say I didn't warn you - I am famously bad at updating blogs. But - aha! - I'm back, so let's not dwell on the past.

Instead, can we think about the fact that in two days, Barack Obama (according to all polls in sight) will be elected President of the United States? You know, I sometimes worry about the amount of hope that so many people have invested in this man, and whether all this change that we want to believe in can really possibly happen. But then I watch things like his thirty-minute Infomercial of Hope, Joy, and Love, and let me tell you, I've totally bought in to the message. I really believe that an Obama presidency will shift the direction of this country.

Maybe we won't even be the object of the entire world's distaste anymore! (Really... I know it sounds excessively optimistic, but The Economist's Global Electoral College poll suggests that every country except Iraq, Algeria, and the DRC pretty much stands in Obama's corner.)


Besides, how can you look at a picture like this one and not see epic leadership? The man gave an inspirational speech in the rain! If that's not presidential, I don't know what is.

1 comment:

Steve said...

I really hope he does win. I'm also somewhat afraid that he won't. With things like the Michigan Republican Party challenging voters who have had their homes foreclosed to prevent them from voting, and the notorious security holes in the Diebold voting machines, I just get antsy that the election may be stolen.

Call me paranoid if you like, but I've learned to live by the saying "Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst."

Maybe, by the end of the week, I'll be able to listen to NPR again without getting an ulcer.