Saturday, October 18, 2008

Sarah Haskins

The first post is of the funny links variety. If you read any of the major feminist blogs out there (Feministing, Jezebel, etc), you've probably heard of comedian Sarah Haskins. But honestly, I'm basically obsessed with her, so I really don't believe enough can be said about her amazingness.

With some of the funniest explicitly feminist comedy out there, Haskins' "Target: Women" segments, for the web TV show "infoMania," take the media to task for the constant messages with which they bombard women consumers. The subjects of her sarcastic humor range from sexualized commercials for cleaning products, to the discomfort with women pooping, to the latest, on Disney princesses.

My all time favorite Sarah Haskins clip, however, has to do with - you guessed it - weddings. And if you hate clinking on links, I've taking the liberty of embedding it right here for you! So watch it. Now. I'm serious.

3 comments:

devan said...

oh YAY. i love sarah haskins, and feminism, and blogs, and you.

Monica said...

Um, yes, Sarah Haskins is awesome. Personally, I am a huge fan of her skit on women pooping because it brings the 10-year-old out of me...

Unknown said...

OH MY GOD, SHE IS AWESOME. I think I need to watch all of these videos right now.

"Oh, this is my flip-flop! And it FITS!"

"No shit...it's a flip flop."

And your blog is excellent. :D